2013 is a new year, but this is going to turn into a new blog. My life has changed a lot in the last year and it’s time I get back to maintaining this blog. There are other things in my life to maintain now too, of course, but I have some New Year’s resolutions that I hope to keep. Here’s the resolutions to start the year off:
- Write a review of every movie I watch. Every single one. This starts very soon – I am already behind. I owe the world reviews of Lincoln, This Is 40, Looper, John Carter, The Conspirator, The Dark Knight Rises, Django Unchained, and Zero Dark Thirty. I have a long week ahead of me writing these, but if I write them shortly after viewing, I should be able to maintain.
- Start exercising. Nothing fancy, no hard goals here for weight loss or distance running. Just regular, routine exercise. This is probably the most important of my resolutions.
- Master the four pass shave. This does not mean that I won’t wind up with any bleeders. But it does mean I should have good control of my angles, and I should probably have even dexterity with both hands.
- Read 15 books. This is arguably the hardest of my resolutions. Especially considering I haven’t read one chapter since 1/1/2013 yet, and the next two books I’m slated to read – as I’m already well into the Song Of Ice and Fire series – are well over 1,000 pages. Perhaps I should count those as four books? Regardless, I want to read more, I need to read more, and this is my attempt to do so.
- Complete all of my outstanding projects. This includes my quadcopter, a couple website builds, learning to use a CNC at the local hackerspace, and, of course, all the house work. No more talking about how cool or nice it would be – it will be done!
The trick, really, is going to be fitting this much in with a new daughter. Family time is hard enough between work hours – how will I do the rest? That is the real trick.